Motorists in South Oxfordshire are advised that there will be a number of changes to parking arrangements across the district from next month.
Following a public consultation, South Oxfordshire District Council has amended the district’s parking policy, including changes to charging periods to ensure towns are treated equally, and measures designed to encourage the use of electric vehicles in order help tackle the climate emergency by reducing emissions.
From 1 June, the following changes will apply in district council car parks in South Oxfordshire*:
- All car parks will have the same charging periods – from 9am to 5pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 5pm on Sundays.
- Motorists will be able to park for free for up to an hour during the day in all town centre car parks.
- Half priced parking permits will now only be available for motorists using electric vehicles.
- There will be new waiting limits in Chinnor’s High Street car park.
- Once electric charging bays are introduced, the council will carry out enforcement to ensure they are being used to charge vehicles and not for parking.
*except for Goldsmith’s Lane car park in Wallingford.
Note: Some edge of town car parks do not offer a free hour – please check the tariff board or southoxon.gov.uk/parking for details.
For more information visit southoxon.gov.uk/parkingpolicy.