Shoppers in South Oxfordshire and the Vale of White Horse are being given a helping hand to buy local this Christmas.
Those who are unable to get to local businesses by walking, cycling or public transport can take advantage of free parking in district council car parks.
The annual free parking tradition is provided by South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils to encourage shopping locally for Christmas presents.
The free parking days allocated to each area are agreed with the individual town councils depending on which day would best suit local traders.
Free Christmas parking days also means no need to pay to park to catch up with friends and family in the pubs, cafés and restaurants found across southern Oxfordshire’s towns during the festive period.
Drivers will be able to park for free in South and Vale car parks on the following days:
- Abingdon – Saturdays 4, 11 and 18 December
- Didcot – Mondays – 6, 13 and 20 December
- Faringdon – Saturdays 27 November, and 4 and 11 December
- Goring – Saturdays 4, 11 and 18 December
- Henley – Fridays 10, 17 and 24 December
- Thame – Saturdays 4, 11 and 18 December
- Wallingford – Thursdays 9, 16 and 23 December
- Wantage – Saturdays 4, 11 and 18 December
On the above days there’s no need to display a ticket, however maximum stay times will still apply in specific car parks. For details on parking in southern Oxfordshire visit southoxon.gov.uk/parking or whitehorsedc.gov.uk/parking.