During November Oxfordshire County Councils household waste recycling centres will be closing for two days to carry out a deep clean and essential maintenance. This includes jet washing the sites and structures, repainting lines and safety areas as well as other general works.
Oxfordshire County Council will be shutting each of its recycling centres for two days at a time – although never at the same time. Residents are asked to plan ahead for these closures, ideally holding on to waste until the site reopens, or if that is not possible, visiting one of the neighbouring sites.
The closing dates are:
- Alkerton, near Banbury: Tuesday 2 and Wednesday 3 November
- Ardley, near Bicester: Thursday 4 and Friday 5 November
- Dix Pit, Stanton Harcourt: Tuesday 23 and Wednesday 24 November
- Drayton, near Abingdon: Tuesday 9 and Wednesday 10 November
- Oakley Wood, near Wallingford: Tuesday 16 and Wednesday 17 November
- Redbridge, Oxford: Thursday 18 and Friday 19 November
- Stanford, near Farringdon: Thursday 11 and Friday 12 November.
All closures are on quieter midweek days to minimise disruption and sites will reopen at 8am the following day.
More information can be found online at www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/wasteclosure.
Residents with van or trailer permits can use these at any of the HWRCs.