The Everyone Active grant scheme has launched today in South Oxfordshire to support local initiatives that improve the health and wellbeing of residents in the district.
SODC is providing £50,000 in funding for community organisations and individuals to apply for, with a maximum grant of £1,000. Applicants will need to show that their projects will help communities to become more active or sustain activity.
Scheme rules include:
- Projects should provide benefit to more than one person becoming active or support ongoing activity
- The maximum grant that can be applied for is £1,000
- Applications can be for revenue costs or capital items
- 100 per cent of project costs can be requested
- The project must complete within 12 months of the award decision
- We will accept one application only from each individual or organisation
The grant is open for a wide range of groups and organisations in the district. Not-for-profit groups (including sports clubs), town and parish councils and parish meetings, not-for-profit preschools, Parent Teacher Association’s and other local authority run schools or academies for non-statutory elements of the education programme. An individual can also apply who is supporting their community to become active or sustain activity.
The funding can be used in a variety of ways including:
- Buying new leisure or playground equipment
- Projects to introduce or improve physical activity
- Running training courses for volunteers or staff to help improve physical and mental wellbeing
- Setting up a community garden to share the physical and health benefits of growing fruit and vegetables
More information about the grant can be found on SODC’s website southoxon.gov.uk/grants or organisations can contact the council’s Community Enablement team on or 01235 422405 or
The deadline for applications is midday Friday 30 September.