Leisure centres in South Oxfordshire have started to reopen.
There will be a gradual, phased opening from last Saturday – 25 July – which includes changes to opening times. While not all facilities will be available to use from the start, there will be plenty of things for customers in southern Oxfordshire to book on to.
Better, who run the leisure centres on behalf of the council, has been working hard to implement the guidelines set by the government to open safely from 25 July. Each leisure centre has been independently assessed by Better as they all have different facilities.
Better has outlined the strict guidelines for customers to follow when they access the buildings for their safety and those around them:
- Customers will need to book a one-hour slot in advance online, on the Better UK smartphone app – this hour will include the time it takes to get in and out
- Customers should turn up at their allocated time, not early or late and use the provided sanitiser on entry
- There will be strict one-way systems in place to ensure customers can stay safe and practice social distancing
- Customers will be required to clean machines, equipment and other areas they come into contact with after use
- Gym equipment, pool lanes and dance studios will be operating with reduced capacity and allocated spaces
- Customers must leave by designated route after a maximum one hour. The exit will be in a different location to the entrance to maintain a one-way flow
- Everyone who attends a swim session to should arrive ‘pool ready’ with their swimming gear on under their clothes and having showered at home
The leisure centres will be assessed regularly by Better, and the council envisages that more facilities will open as restrictions are relaxed and it becomes safe to do so for customers and staff.
In the first phase of opening the timings and access to facilities varies across the leisure centres in the district, the tables at the bottom of this article give an overview of how each will operate.
More detail can be read here.