Coronavirus action

Oxfordshire businesses urged to submit grant requests

Businesses across Oxfordshire that are yet to submit their details for grant support in response to COVID-19 should do so as soon as possible, including those who already receive 100 per cent rate relief.

Cherwell District Council, Oxford City Council, South Oxfordshire District Council, Vale of White Horse District Council and West Oxfordshire District Council are working to ensure that those who are eligible for support receive their money as quickly as possible.

The councils are contacting businesses directly to remind them to submit their requests and are urging all those who haven’t already done so, and who need funding support, to go to their respective council’s website and complete the online form.

The councils have confirmed that businesses which receive 100 per cent rate relief, who therefore do not pay any rates, may still be eligible for this grant and should continue to submit their details if they need financial assistance.

The councils also want to assure all eligible businesses that this grant does not need to be paid back.

For more information and to confirm eligibility for a Business Grant go to:

• Cherwell –
• Oxford –
• South Oxfordshire –
• Vale of White Horse –
• West Oxfordshire –

Additional information for businesses about the grants

Businesses receiving Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rates Relief who wish to receive grants of £10,000 are required to provide information via the form on their respective council website. Awards will be considered in accordance with government guidelines.

Businesses which are in receipt of the Enhanced Retail Discount for 2020/21 and have a rateable value of up to £15,000 which are not covered by the Small Business Grant Fund will also receive a grant of £10,000, in accordance with Government guidelines. Retail Leisure and Hospitality business properties with a rateable value between £15,001 and £50,999 will receive a grant of £25,000.

Businesses are eligible for a grant on more than one property, providing they meet the criteria. However, they must submit a separate form for each property.

Note: The self-employed in urgent need of financial assistance should apply for Universal Credit and Council Tax Reduction. This will provide support until a grant for the self-employed becomes available in June.

For more information please visit –